As I don’t maintain regular office hours, all sessions are arranged through appointment only. Clients are generally seen weekly, or less frequently as we discuss/agree.
- Appointments are usually scheduled for 60-90 minutes.
- Family, Couple or other relational configurations may be scheduled for 90 minute sessions.
- Intense 2-3 hour sessions can be arranged if you would like to really delve into a particular issue or problem.
I am conducting all sessions online. While I do have access to FaceTime, Skype, and Zoom, my preference is to use the telemedicine platform Doxy.me for health professionals which complies with HIPAA, and PIPEDA and PHIPA requirements. As a telemedicine platform, it protects the confidentiality and privacy of personal health information. This means that all data is encrypted, your sessions are anonymous, and none of your information is stored.This manner of electronic exchange of your health information is compliant with all federal and provincial laws. If you want further information on the company, please feel free to access their website at Doxy.me.
You do not need to download any software or create an account. Just use a browser on any computer or device that has a camera and microphone. I will send you an email invitation to our session. At our agreed upon session time, you can click on the link to enter the “Online Waiting Room” and I will join you at that time
Best Practice for Online Telemedicine Video Conferencing:
- Make sure your camera, microphone and speakers are on and adjusted appropriately.
- If you do not have a strong wifi/cellular signal, try to limit any additional internet usage during your online appointment. If you can, ask anyone sharing the connection to limit their use during your appointment time to optimize your connection.
- Face a light source and limit background noise.
- Sit in a comfortable chair, positioned between 2-4 feet from the webcam.
- Make sure you are in a private space and/or use headphones to optimize your privacy.